Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pardon the minor rant

My American dream was to work hard and treat people with respect. To not judge someone for their race, gender, sexual preference, political affiliation, or religious views (even if they are funny) I dreamed that one day I would be looked at as Tamara the person. Not the preconceived notion of what I should be; an untrustworthy agnostic, a bitter feminist, or a naive child best to be ignored. I dreamed that if I did my best at whatever I put my mind and muscle to that others would respect this and strive to do better themselves. I fear my dreams are dying, but I hope they are not dead.

What was your dream?

"This was my dream, my wish. And it didn't come true. So I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuEyeuuVFTQ

No comments:

Post a Comment